Monday, June 20, 2011

“Mom’s love schedule”


My sisters and I were trying to set up what Joann called “Mom’s love schedule” in which we all scheduled a weekend to visit Mom.  We were trying to cover all the weekends for the next couple of months.  A copy of the schedule was printed out for each of us.

Dad, even though he is retired, decided to work another full time job.  Mom doesn’t want him at home all the time taking care of her and would rather have him work.  All my life, Mom has served Dad, my three sisters, and I.  We had breakfast waiting for us on the table in the morning and supper in the evenings.  She went ninety to nothing all day.
 
Mom worked as a secretary at a local church to help put us through college.  She came home, cleaned, and washed a billion loads of clothes.  Now, she can’t do anything.  So Dad has a permanent love schedule of doing all he normally does plus all the things Mom used to do.  When I go home, I ask Dad if there is anything I can help him do.  I wash the clothes, clean, or whatever is needed.

U Can you make a “love schedule” for your loved one? U

No comments: