Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bring it on!!!!



 
I thought Mom would enjoy Lauren and Ashton sending her cards each week.  I knew Dad, or whichever sister was visiting her, would have to open the card for her to read.  The one message that has been prominent in my children’s letters is Mom getting healed.  Mom has been keeping their letters and cards.  In one letter, Lauren told Mom she prayed each night for the Lord to heal her.  Jennifer read this particular letter to Mom and she said, “Bring it on!”  This was a funny statement Jennifer said came from Mom.  She would not typically make a statement like that.

For years, Mom has sent the kids things in the mail about once a month.  Ashton especially anticipates the letters and gets very excited when he receives them.  She will send them various things:  the kid’s section in the Wednesday’s paper, a section of the paper about a particular subject they would like, a Sunday school bulletin, stickers, but the best thing is the dollar bill she puts in there.  The last time I was at Mom’s house, my sisters and I helped put together the envelopes to all the grandkids so Mom could just drop them in the mail.  In return, I wanted them to write her each week.   
     
U      In what way can your children/grandchildren be asked to minister to your loved one?  U

No comments: