Thursday, November 17, 2011

The last time I saw her lift her eyebrows



I needed a break at this time and needed to eat some lunch. Dad said he would go get me some lunch. I told him I needed to go get it. I told Mom I was going to go get lunch and Dad would be there, but she did not want me to leave. Dad said, “Elaine, Judy needs a break.” She lifted her eyebrows as to say “yes.” I was not gone long. I went to the grocery store and got my lunch at the drive through. When I got back home, she was asleep. Dad showed me the pad we had been writing on when we administered her medicines. I read he gave her the regular medicine at noon. I ate my lunch then continued to sit by Mom’s side.

U Are there small things you can sacrifice so you can be there when your loved one really needs you? U

No comments: