Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pictures

 
Wednesday we went through Mom’s pictures and decided which ones we wanted to put on the board at the viewing.  Earlier, Dad had noticed one in particular and said, “That’s the girl I dated.”  As I was looking through some old papers Mom saved for us, I found an old St. Patrick’s Day card Dad had sent Mom when they were dating.  I thought the card was appropriate to put out to show since her viewing was on St. Patrick’s Day.

My mother-in-law, Evelyn, came down from Athens to go to the funeral.  She brought me a dress and several other things I needed from my house.  When she pulled up, I noticed a bouquet of cookies from my shop.  The cookies were different animal shapes and were hand decorated with different colored icings.  She had brought them down for all of the grandkids.  We took a picture, and the kids enjoyed picking out their favorite cookie.

U Can you minister to the children/grandchildren of the loved one in some way to help brighten their day?  U

No comments: