Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Mom’s jewelry


Well before Mom got sick, she had us all decide what we wanted to have of theirs after she and Dad passed away.  We drew straws to decide who got certain things.  After we had finished, Mom had labeled all her jewelry with who would get each piece.  Monday morning before we went to the funeral home, I got out her jewelry and started gathering it together for each sister.  As we were talking about the jewelry, Dad took off his wedding ring and told us to do with it what we should.  It broke my heart as I stood there holding Dad’s wedding ring in my hand.  Later on, I talked with Dad and told him sometimes people wait until they take their ring off.  He said it was fine.  That evening, I told him where it was if he changed his mind.

It rained that night, and I remember thinking this was the first rain since Mom had passed away.  To me this had some significance for some reason.  I guess it was because she was not there to experience it. 

U   Does the will state who will get the loved one’s treasured possessions?  U

No comments: