Thursday, October 11, 2012

“My” book (part I)



October 7th, I was doing my Bible study and realized very clearly I am supposed to paint the cover of my book.  The feelings I am having is, “You do the painting!”  Dorothy was insistent when I talked to her on the phone the first time that I could paint it.  I prayed out loud and said, “I want it to be beautiful.  You will have to help me.”  I had huge feelings of inadequacy.        

The next Sunday, the service kind of blew me away.  We sang one of the songs from Mom’s funeral.  I immediately started to get tears in my eyes.  The words were displayed against a background which showed clouds rolling by in the sky.  After the song was over, I told Lauren about the song.  She said, “Why did you tell me that?” 

U  Have you asked the children/grandchildren if you would like to bring things up about their loved one? (When Lauren was much older and I was asking her about this question, she said it depends on the age of the child.  If they are younger, it may not matter as much.  She said it has not gotten any easier, and she would still rather I not mention anything such as “today would have been Granny’s birthday.”  She cried as we were talking.)  U

On the overhead screen, the back drop was blue and there was a man’s shadowy figure with his hands raised towards the sky.  It reminded me of seeing Jesus in the clouds. 

During the sermon, Brother Bill spoke about Moses and how God revealed Himself to Moses through the burning bush.  Brother Bill said, "Who knew God was going to show up in the burning bush.  God was at work, and He had a plan.  Sometimes His call takes us out of our comfort zone.”  He then asked, “What is it God wants you to do?”

Moses felt very inadequate in what the Lord told him to do.  Moses did not know who to tell the people who sent him.  The Lord told him He would give him evidence that He sent him and basically told him, “You just go.”

Brother Bill spoke about the Lord bringing us to a crisis of belief, and the two things we must do.  One is to have faith, and the second is to say “yes” and for there to be action.  So, instead of asking God if there is someone else, obey because He said, “I called you!” 

No comments: