Tuesday, May 7, 2013

“It’s like it never happened.” (part II)


The Lord has given me peace, and the shop’s closing has been a long time coming.  The economy stinks, and I did not know if we would be open from month to month.  I already went through the grieving process, and it has not been easy.  I am just ready to get the next five weeks behind me until we close. 
We are closing on April 21, 2012, and our auction is scheduled for April 24th.  The money we make from selling our equipment will go to paying part of our loan.  If we are lucky, we will get twenty-five cents to the dollar.  We spent $11,000 for our mixer alone! 
One of the neat ways I have seen the Lord work is through meeting Mary last week.  She comes into the shop sometimes with her grandson.  She asked me last week how the shop was doing, and I told her we were closing next month.  She asked me what I was going to do next.  I told her about the writer’s conference, and I am trying to get my book published I feel the Lord wanted me to write.  She told me she wanted to write a book; I told her I would help her.  She is probably eighty years old and has been a missionary in Africa.  She wanted to sit down with me, and I told her I was not busy, so I sat down at a table and talked to her.  She said she wanted to go to the writer’s conference.  I gave her my cell phone number, and she is going to call me.  How neat is that….my shop closes, but I may get to help someone write their book!  

No comments: