Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Over and over


Over and over in my mind, I played out all the events that flashed before my eyes.  The comments she said to me, Mom before she was sick, her last breaths, my reactions during that time, Dad crying, the phone calls, really…… just everything.  The few days after she died, every time I would think of her, the same song kept playing in my mind.  Even today, the song that rings out in my mind is, “Miracle of Mercy,” and is sung by Steven Curtis Chapman.  The amazing thing is the CD was produced in 1994, and I had not listened to the CD in years.  Yet, the song gave me comfort.  I think the Lord just laid the song on my heart because He knew I needed to remember the words.

For the first two weeks after Mom passed away, I just came home, took a shower, and went to bed.  I was away from the Lord these two weeks and remembered telling Him I was going to come back to Him soon.

No comments: