Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A new fire


There have been so many things bombarding me lately that have to do with my impact on the lives of my students.  I also within the last week watched Mona Lisa Smiles.  A school teacher poured her life into the college students she taught, and the movie showed the impact she had on them.  This summer, I watched Emperor’s Club.  It was about a teacher and the impact a teacher had particularly on one young boy.  The teacher did not know the impact he had on the young boy until the boy was older and told him so.  The grown man even asked his teacher why he never gave up on him.


My perspective has changed my life.  I’m not totally changed yet because I haven’t been told I have Lou Gehrig’s disease.  I enjoy seeing a chipmunk at school that I named “Dasher.”  I watch him dash in and out of his hole in the ground and scamper around.  I gather him acorns and leave it by his hole.  Just watching God’s creation at work brings me peace and tranquility.

 
I sat on my front porch again the other night and felt the Holy Spirit speaking to my heart, but I did not hear Him say anything.  I just felt my heart pounding.  Maybe it was because I finally sat and listened, something I do not do much at all. 

No comments: