Thursday, February 21, 2013

Revelation (part I)


Today was a neat day.  I talked to Elizabeth, a good friend of mine, for an hour and a half.  It very much was the encouraging talk I needed.  I came to a revelation today.  It took six years of waiting and asking the Lord for His wisdom, especially in the form of how I should advertise for the shop.  I had always said the cookie shop was the Lords but not until last week did I completely relinquish the shop totally to Him.  This first revelation came in talking to one of the people I advertise with.  I was depending on her advertisement to be my “Savior” to help my shop make it.  The Lord got me to a place where He showed me that I totally needed to depend upon Him to keep my shop open.  The day I met with her, I realized I wasn’t there yet.  My back is totally up against the wall.  We don’t have any more money to keep the shop open.  It has to sustain itself. 

The second revelation came today as I was talking to Elizabeth.  The Lord had to get me to a place where I was praying and totally dependent on Him or He would not have revealed His concept of Brothers for Businesses.  This concept is totally His idea He gave me one morning to help my business and the others businesses within my church.

If I did not run out of money and totally need to pray and depend on Him to keep the doors to my shop open then the concept for Brothers for Businesses would have never come to fruition.  I know this concept will greatly help the businesses within my church.  I hope that it is not too late to help my shop, but I do not think it is.  I don’t mind being transparent with the church if I have to get up in front of them and explain why the Lord gave me this concept. 

****Photo of a child having fun decorating a cookie in the Kiddie Korral.

No comments: