Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Revelation (part II)


At a time when I should be freaking out about the future of my shop and not having any more money, I am at rest.  If someone would have asked me a question about that yesterday, I would have had a totally different answer.  I was freaking out and fretting.  The shop is my life.  I don’t want to teach anymore, and my book is still in the future.  My passion for now is my shop.  If I lose the shop, it will also be like a death.  I can’t go there thinking about it because it brings tears to my eyes.

I took my revelation outside with me to my front porch with my iPod.  What song did I listen to over and over?  Revelation by Third Day.  I was refreshed and enjoyed feeling the feelings I felt today.  I haven’t had a day like today probably since the last writer’s conference.  The wisdom He has given me lately and the free advertisement the shop got on TV last week is an indication to me that He wants to keep the shop open.

Another thing the Lord has been dealing with me lately is pruning me to become more like Him especially in the area of the TV shows I watch.  Two shows that I enjoyed watching, I can no longer watch because it is not right for me any longer.  I think He is pruning me and getting me ready for my book to be published.  I will have to be held to a high standard and those standards right now have to be raised.

No comments: