Thursday, September 29, 2011

Getting me through (part l)



One of the things that have helped me get through is certain Christian songs.  My favorite right now is written by Jeremy Camp.  The name of the song is, “I Still Believe.”  I had to stop typing for a minute because right after I typed the title of the song, it came on the radio.  I got goose bumps!  It brought tears to my eyes because just today, I thought to myself that I haven’t heard from the Lord in the past few days.  As I started typing this chapter, I wanted to write down the words of the song, and thought it would be neat if the song came on the radio.  Another co-worker came into my office, and I knew he would be able to tell that I was crying, so I told him what happened.  He commented, “Ain’t that the Lord at His best.”



Jeremy Camp wrote a little bit about the song in the jacket cover of the WOW 2004 CD.  He wrote, “We all experience trials and tribulations in our lives, but the hope in the midst of them is that the Lord is always faithful.  2 Timothy 2:13 states, ‘If we are faithless, He will remain faithful, for He cannot disown himself.’ “This song was written when I was facing a trial and could have either given up, or rested in the fact that the Lord would carry me through.  I had just lost my wife to a bout with cancer and finally laid it down before my Lord Jesus.  I just knew no matter what, I could still believe in His faithfulness.”

As I am about to start typing about the other song that has gotten me through, it came on the radio also.  I got goose bumps again!!  The title of the song is, “You Get Me.”  The song is written by ZOEGIRL.  Written in the jacket of the CD cover, “God is truly the only one who knows our thoughts before we think them.  He’s the only one who knew every day of our lives before we even took our first breath.  No one else but God could ever love us and accept us for who we are the way that He can.  He’s the only one who gets us.”

Camp, Jeremy. “I Still Believe.” WOW Hits 2004. Sparrow Records, Brentwood.
         2003.

ZOEGIRL. “You Get Me.” WOW Hits 2004. Sparrow Records, Brentwood.
               2003.

**There will be more posts before I post part II.

No comments: