Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ministering to others

 

About three weeks after Mom went to be with the Lord one of Paul’s workers had a series of several strokes and was in the hospital.  I had not seen his wife in years but felt as though I needed to go to the hospital to see her.  Someone showed me who she was, and as I walked up to her, she hugged me.  As we were talking she said, “Didn’t your mom just pass away a few weeks ago?”  I nodded my head yes.  She said, “And you are up here with me?”

Her husband was on life support and was not expected to make it.  I wanted to see him.  When I went into his ICU room, I met his dad and a few of his relatives.  A nurse said we needed to leave the room.  I asked his dad if I could say a prayer for his son, and he said yes.  Everyone had left the room, and I knew this was probably the last time I would see him alive.  I put my hand on his arm and prayed.  I said something to the effect that he was going to Heaven and would see Mom.  I knew he was saved, but I did not know about his wife.  I went into the hall and asked her if I could pray with her, and we did.  I kept wondering about her salvation, so in her sympathy card I told her I hoped she had asked Jesus in her heart, so she can have the same peace her husband had. 

U  Are you willing to minister to others in their time of need?  U

2 comments:

Thena said...

I found you through an ALS board on facebook
My Dad passes away in 94 of ALS. I look forward to reading more of your blog.

Judy Royal Glenn said...

Thanks Thena, Sorry to hear about your dad. I did not even know about ALS until 2003 when Mom was diagnosed.