Thursday, September 20, 2012

Preparing for the Royal wedding (part III)


Friday afternoon, we enjoyed going to the beach with Dad.  Later, I went over to Grandmother’s house to get her wedding gift.  She had not written in the card yet.  I sat on her bed and waited for her to write.  She sat there contemplating what to write and said, “I can’t think.”  She told me she knew what she wanted to write the night before.

On a piece of paper, she scribbled down a few things then stopped to think again.  She did this several times.  She pondered how to sign the card and asked me what I thought Claudia would call her.  It took her about ten minutes to find the right thing to say.  I never really thought about her wanting to say just the right thing to Dad.      

U  Are you realizing everyone is going through a transition?  U
 
Friday night we had the rehearsal at the chapel.  We met Adam, Kelli, Claudia’s mom, and other relatives.  Claudia got teary eyed when Dad was going over the vows. 

The rehearsal dinner was given by some of Claudia’s family.  The invitation was real cute.  At the top there was a picture of a king’s and queen’s crown, and it stated there was a Royal wedding.
 
Dad did not want the grandkids to be at the rehearsal dinner.  Megan is fourteen and Juliette, the youngest will be five this month.  I can understand how Dad wanted to enjoy a quiet evening with his friends and family.  So there would not be any bias, all the grandkids did not come.

U  Are you accepting your loved one is making decisions for their benefit even if you may not agree?  U

When we first got to the dinner, the sun was setting over the ocean, and we got several nice pictures of Dad and Claudia.  We also got several pictures of all the girls together as well as each sister with their spouse.

The rehearsal dinner was nice, and I spent time talking with the guests.  We wore a Burger King crown on our heads to represent it being a Royal wedding.  I talked with one of Claudia’s friends, and she told me it meant a lot to Claudia that we told her to decorate the house how she wanted to.

U  Are you seeing how this new loved one needs to start afresh and new concerning how things need to be?  U

Claudia gave the girls a wedding gift that night from her and Dad.  It was all too appropriate.  The gift was a beautiful angel ornament which had this quote written on it, “God has no other hands than ours.” (Dorothee Soulle, n.d.)

That night as I lay in bed, I thought about the wedding and wanted for there to be a balance.  For me to be excited about the wedding, but I did not want to forget about Mom.  I started crying.  During the night, I awoke and realized I had fallen asleep crying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice color choice on the blog. It is really easy on my eyes and I have bad eyes too so that's a really big compliment lol

Judy Royal Glenn said...

Thank you:) The color is the sky in the painting I painted of Jesus In the Clouds. You can go to the pages section and read about the painting. Thanks for visiting the blog:) ~ Judy