Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Royal wedding (part II)


 
The reception was held at Claudia’s friend’s house.  Her friend was actually the one that introduced Dad and Claudia.  One of Mom and Dad’s friends made a comment about how pretty my hair was and then said, “Your mom would have liked it.”  Granddaddy came down to St. Simons for the wedding and when asked what he thought about the wedding he said, “It was beautiful.”

They paid people to sing and play music.  Dad and Claudia were shagging, so I took pictures.  They were as giddy as could be.  Lauren and Ashton entertained themselves on the beach playing in the sand. 

I wanted to repay Dad for all the birdseed he enjoyed throwing on all his girls as they got married.  This time it was my turn!  I asked my sisters if they bought any birdseed, and they had not.  I sent Paul to the grocery store to buy some.  I got a lot of cups, filled them up, and then rallied the troops, so everyone could add in on the fun.  We hid the cups and persuaded Dad and Claudia to walk past us because we had to “take pictures.”  Then the birdseed started flying.  Dad had it everywhere.  He just stood there with his neck tucked in like a turtle, and his arms folded out in front of him.  I poured it in his pockets and everywhere.  I had the rest of the bag, and there was a little left.  Claudia started walking near me, and I poured the last bit in her hair and told her, “Welcome to the family!”  I decided earlier to go easy on Claudia, but at the end changed my mind!  They then headed off for a week long cruise.

During the reception, they had Beta fish swimming in goblets to decorate the tables.  Dad wanted each of the four girls, Kelli, and Adam to take the fish home.  At first, I said I did not want one then thought it would be neat for the kids to have a fish from Dad’s wedding.  They had wanted a fish for a long time, so I changed my mind.  They called him Sparkles.

No comments: