Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Waiting for the Lord



 
The last twenty-four hours again have been a roller coaster ride for me.  Yesterday was an all-time low.  I received a rejection letter for this book which was hard for me to take because the editor suggested I take a writing course at a local college.  I cried and doubted the publishing of my book.  I wanted to print out my book, so I could remember the affirmation I felt the Lord gave me.  All I wanted to do was just go to bed.  I viewed this as Satan trying to discourage me.

I had emailed my sisters a few days earlier, telling them to pray for my book.  Today, when I was checking my emails, I read an email forwarded to me by Joann.  The title is, Waiting for the Lord. and was written by Os Hillman.  The scripture is, “Wait on the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait on the Lord,” Psalm 27:14

Os talked about hearing and doing God’s will and how they were two very different things.  He felt the Lord had called him to write which was very different than what he currently was doing.  He tried to find a publisher without any success.  His wife asked him if he had finished the book and he had not.  She basically told him when he finished the book, the Lord would provide a publisher if he was called to write.  Long story short, the day he finished the book, he was offered a contract for it to be published.

This of course is exactly what I needed to hear and of course it was the millionth confirmation God has given me.  He never ceases to amaze me.  He knew I was getting discouraged and very much wanted to follow His will.

As I was debating whether or not to write this in my book, I heard the chimes dinging on my front porch.

**I found a copy of the devotion if you would like to read it:  http://www.injesus.com/message-archives/prophetic/Word-Of-The-Lord-Today/waiting-for-the-lord

     Hillman, Os.  “Waiting for the Lord.” Today God Is First, Daily Workplace Inspiration.2005. http://www.TodayGodIsFirst.com

No comments: