Thursday, March 14, 2013

Here we go again! (part I)


I have not wanted to write this chapter, but know I need to.  About three weeks ago, I started getting a burning feeling in my left arm.  It lasted for about a week, followed by tingling into my first three fingers for about a week. The third week it turned to pain!    The pain at times was pretty intense at the left side of my breast and under my arm near my bicep.  I put off calling my general practitioner, but knew I needed to go to the doctor.  I told my doctor the symptoms and did not voice my opinions, concerns, or told her what I thought.
I asked for the Lord to give her wisdom.  She wanted for me to get a nerve conductivity test to see whether the issues were stemming from my shoulder or my wrist.  I knew it was stemming from my shoulder and neck area.  She said it sounded like a pinched nerve.  She told me there is a nerve that goes to those three fingers.  Today, the tingling went down to my right thumb, and for a few days my three finger tips have started feeling numb.
Well, the reason I did not want to write this chapter is it reminds me of having thoughts of ALS again.  I knew Mom mentioned about her fingers tingling, but she never wanted to talk about it so, I did not know her other symptoms.  I remember when I went to the neurologist the first time I was having muscle twitches…it turned out to be Benign Fasciculation Syndrome (BFS). 

****Up-to-date note:  Happy Heavenly birthday # 9 Mom!! 

2 comments:

Believer's Blog said...

you have been so faithful and obedient in this walk, as hard at times as it has been. I can't imagine how scary it must have been facing this moment and so many others. I am so glad that you are telling your story. It is such a message of trust. Love you girl,
Laura ~

Judy Royal Glenn said...

Thanks for your encouragement Laura:) Can't wait to read all of yours!