Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Here we go again! (part II)


I do feel a weakness in my arms, especially when I am taking pictures and other mundane tasks.  But, I really am having issues with my balance being a little off, and my cognitive abilities have not been sharp.  I looked up the symptoms on the internet and saw they were also symptoms for MS (Multiple Sclerosis).
I can’t begin to tell you all the issues that went through my mind.  I wasn’t going to tell Paul yet, but I had to because I was approached by a business associate about an extremely large Christmas order for the shop.  I had to make a quick decision of whether or not I could physically do it, or whether the shop had the physical capability to do an order that large.   After we talked, I knew I could not do the whole order, but I can do part of it.  
Paul was real sweet.  His main concern was me and nothing else.  He doesn’t have an emotional attachment to the shop like I do.  Our lease is coming up at the beginning of February, so I would like a very quick diagnosis of the problem.  It is October 23, 2011 and our landlord will probably be approaching us in December….not a lot of time to find an answer.
I went to the Botanical Garden to get away and write this chapter.  I sat on a rock right on the edge of the river to “write down” my feelings on my computer.  That idea was quickly dismissed as two college girls sat on a rock right above where I was sitting to discuss college life.  So, those sad feelings I was going to write down did not come.   Instead I named my rock “lizard rock” as four lizards came to visit me.  When the girls left, a teen boy and his grandmother sat in the same spot.  Then the teen wandered around where I was sitting.  So, it is time to go and get my thoughts on paper another time!
 
Looking back on this day almost a year and a half later, I think I was blessed to not formulate these thoughts in my mind because they were not happy thoughts at all. I never sat down to write down my thoughts. These “interruptions” I feel were a blessing in disguise.

No comments: