Thursday, May 16, 2013

The death of a dream?



One small email changed the course of my life for now.  Since my cookie shop closed seven months ago, I have been devoting myself to my photography.  I have been scouring the internet for articles and videos to help me advance my skills.  I have learned so much and have been applying that knowledge to my photography.  I eat and breath photography pretty much 24/7.
That abruptly changed when Paul got an email stating that his consulting job basically will come to an end.  He still has his regular job which pays the everyday bills, but we are in debt partly because of the cookie shop and need money to pay off those bills.  We also invested in land that is basically worthless because the neighborhood went under.  We are going to have to foreclose on the property, take our house off of the market, sell the lot we are going to build on, majorly change our eating out habits, but most life changing is me getting a job.
During the course of the seven months, I stared to see myself moving towards being a professional wildlife/nature photographer.  I would love to travel the world taking pictures of lions in Africa to seals in the Artic.  It was a dream I was focusing on which for now is no longer.  The passion I have for photography will now be set to the side to hold a regular day job. 
I have no idea what the Lord wants me to do for a job.  I know it will all work out, but I cringe at the thought of doing something other than what I am passionate about. 

No comments: