Thursday, June 20, 2013

Afterword (part I)


 
 
The true intent of the publishing of this book only God will know.  I have felt bombarded through sermons lately as though Jesus was speaking to me personally about publishing this book.  One of the last sermons I heard spoke of Simon Peter and how Jesus got in Simon Peter’s boat then pushed the boat into the water.  Jesus told Peter to let down his nets after he fished all night and did not catch any fish.  Peter responded, “But because you say so, I will…...” (NIV, Luke 5.5).  He cast his nets, and they were so full of fish, the nets started to tear.  Another boat came to help, but the nets were so full, the boats started to sink.  This book was written because I am being obedient to what I feel the Lord wants me to do.  “Because you say so Lord, I will.”  God has accomplished His will in ways I will never know through this book.

I wrote this book because I felt the Lord’s prompting to do so.  It was not the Lord’s will that He physically heal Mom.  So, here I was with my journal and I did not know what I was supposed to do with it.  I asked my Sunday school class, the faculty, staff, and students at my school to begin to pray for the Lord’s wisdom in His prompting me to write this book.  The answer has been clear to me within the last week.  Walk by Faith: Tackling the Tough Questions Concerning Death was written for His glory and to bring others to know Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior.  The book will also minister to people going through the death of a loved one or having a loved one or friend with a terminal illness.

I have tried not to “mask” certain issues, so you could see the “whole picture.”  If I would have “masked” the book, I don’t feel you would have gleaned enough useful information.   I have omitted certain comments said by family members in order to try and not upset them.  I did not want to step on anyone’s toes.  Also, I have tried to be careful what information I thought should be included and took out information I thought was not necessary. 

No comments: