Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The final chapter?



I have cried a lot as I have edited this book because as I re-read, it brings back so many hard times.  There are so many events which will forever be etched on my mind.  Mom’s final breaths and her final moments are etched on my mind as they just happened yesterday.  The moments I prayed over her as she slept and prayed for her to be healed are also still vivid.  The comments she said to me like, “Breathe for me,” get played over in my mind.  I can’t look back yet to reflect on the good times, the good moments.  It is as though they have temporarily vanished.  Only time will continue to heal.

The one thing that is forever etched on my mind as well is my favorite verse, (NLT, Romans 8.28).  “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.”   It helps me through the hard times because God is still in control and loves us very much.

Before I read the devotion that spoke about me being, “Only one little insignificant person in this great big world,” I commented to my sisters and friends that I was just a p.e. teacher.  Writing a book is “out of the box” for me.  Then I remember the quote again from the January 8th, devotion, “Don’t ponder over the what-ifs or whys, neither question your abilities.”

In the book, Can One Person Make A Difference? it states, “When God uses individuals, He doesn’t leave them alone to perform their difficult tasks.  He’s the strength in their arms and the voice on their lips.  If God is in it, anything is possible!”  This is where Satan wants to jump in and convince me I can’t do anything.  He would love nothing more than for me to listen and for me to not do the will of God.  My God is greater.

As I wrote earlier, I felt honored the Lord chose me to do this work, and in the last devotion it stated, “What do You see in me that I could be used to serve You, Lord?  I feel honored that You called me.”

In the last couple of days, I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  The hardest part of finishing this book, especially the tedious work of editing, is almost done, and I have begun to get excited.  I am excited what the Lord will do with this book.  I read a confirmation of those feelings last night in the devotional.  “How exciting it will be in this venture as I obey Your call and see great things happen in Your name!”

U  WHAT IS YOUR STORY OF HIS GLORY?  U
U CAN YOU WALK BY FAITH?  U

No comments: