Thursday, August 4, 2011

Impressed to write down my thoughts


The week of February 16th was when I was impressed to write down my thoughts.  I don’t know why or for what reason, but I am again doing what I think I am supposed to do.  The night before I started writing, I read my devotion for the night.  The title of the devotion was, “Share your story.”  One of the last statements written on the page read, “Today, ask the Lord to give you the courage and power to share your story and proclaim the Good News to those you live and work with.”

The night I started typing, the title of the devotion was, “Just trust me.”  Again, I sobbed.  I even picked up Paul’s cell phone and turned it on believing Mom may call and tell me she was healed.  The phone never rang.  One of the statements written in the devotion were, “…no one had hope for Jairus’s daughter.”  That is what I feel some people think about Mom, there is no hope….that the best thing would be for the disease to progress quickly, so she will not have to suffer.  Jesus commanded Jairus’s daughter, “Get up, little girl!” (Mark 5:40)  I wish God would say those powerful words to Mom.

I jotted down a few words that reminded me of things I wanted to write about.  I did not know where to start and what to say first, so I just started typing.  I could write an entire book on all the situations in which the Lord was telling me He was going to heal her.

Fuller, Cheri. The One Year Book of Praying through the Bible. Wheaton:
Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., 2003. February 20, 21.

U  What is the Lord possibly prompting you to do?  U
U   Are you having a daily quiet time to help you get through?  U

No comments: