Thursday, October 13, 2011

Closer to Him



 
One of the things I have struggled with is having a consistent daily walk with the Lord.  I view my life as somewhat of a rollercoaster ride.  Sometimes I would walk closely with Him while other times I would just go through the days with little thought of the Lord.  Usually the times I am the closest to Him is when I am walking through the valley.  He has to get my attention by letting me go through a trial to make me look up.  Through the difficult times of watching Mom suffer (and it’s been hard), the Lord has brought me closer to Him than ever before.  The neat thing is seeing others draw closer to the Lord around me but far greater is me not wanting this closeness to go away.  I have gotten where I have always wanted to be…..closer to Him.

 

Tonight, I wanted to cry so bad concerning my walk with the Lord, but I could not.  I was in the car riding to church because the teachers had to meet the committee that was coming to renew our accreditation.  On the ride over, I was thinking about the relationship I had with the Lord, and I did not want it to go away.  I did not want the trial to last because Mom was suffering, but I did not want the trial to go away because I am enjoying the intimacy  I am having with the Lord.  Tears came to my eyes, but I held them back and told myself that I can cry tonight. 

 

The scripture that comes to mind is James 1:2-8, “Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.  If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.  But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.  That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.”  This is the hardest thing I have ever gone through in my life and what am I receiving from Him?  The intimacy I have always longed for!!


U  Are you enjoying the intimacy of His presence or have you hardened your heart towards His will?  U

No comments: