Thursday, October 20, 2011

The graveyard


I coach the tennis team at the school where I teach.  The week I was to leave for Mom’s house, we had a tennis match out of town.  The restrooms were a little ways from the courts, and I walked to the restroom.  On the way, I noticed the graveyard.  I remembered seeing it the last time our team played there.  It had a new fence surrounding it since we had been there last.  I curiously looked through the fence at the old tombstones and could not see the dates on them.  On the way back, I decided to walk through the graveyard.  I walked past several graves that just had the temporary marker on the grave.  One of the girls asked me why I went to the graveyard, and I said I did not know.  Now looking back, I guess it was a walk to prepare me for what I was getting ready to go through.

U  Are you offering your loved one the opportunity to get a breath of fresh air or to change their mundane daily routine?  U

1 comment:

Believer's Blog said...

It is weird how He prepares us for things like that. I just wrote about that in a slightly different way. We are so fortunate to have Him, ya know? Just His presence, His truth and His love. He has so much compassion for us. :) Your a dear friend. Thanks for sharing your story.