Tuesday, July 24, 2012

“Mother Hen”


Jennifer called me “Mother Hen,” because I kind of took over Mom’s role.  I also felt the same way.  I jokingly told Jennifer I was going to take off Mom’s wedding band because it was as if Mom left some “omen” with me wearing her ring.   We laughed.

I’ll take on the role of being “Mother Hen.”  Mom’s shoes are a big pair of shoes to fill.  I am doing so many things for Dad that Mom would have done, and I feel like a “Mother Hen” to Dad at times.

Even though we may be grown, we still need the security of a mother figure to help us figure everything out.  Mom was always there to smooth everything over.  She’s not here now, and it’s not easy.

There are so many times things have happened in my life and I thought about calling Mom, then I remember she is dead, so I can’t call her.  She was always there for us, just a phone call away.  Life was so easy when Mom was here.  Life is so complicated without her here.  If she were just here…….

No comments: