Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Muffin (part VIII)


The day we left was hard.  I asked the kids if they wanted to go to Muffin’s grave before we left.  They both wanted to.  We all walked out there together and said our own goodbyes in our hearts.  When I went back inside, Claudia said, “We will take care of little Muffy.”

The ride home was hard as well.  We went down to St. Simons with Muffin, and we were coming back to Athens without her.  When I got home my first priority was to get all of Muffin’s toys and things up before the kids saw them.  I had a little time by myself to get everything done.  It was extremely hard to pack all her things.  The house was so quiet.  I was used to Muffin always following me around, and now she was not there.  I cried a lot as it was all sinking in.  Before they all came home, I had already called someone I knew that breeds Yorkies.  He did not have any puppies.

 Paul had mentioned something about Muffin’s memorial.  I did not know what he was talking about.  Lauren had taken her Yorkie Beanie Baby and placed it where Muffin’s bed used to be.  Later on that evening, I noticed the stuffed animal was not there.  I asked Lauren why it was not there anymore.  She said, “Dad, said it was time to move on.”  I told her she could put it back if she wanted to.  I talked to Paul and told him that was Lauren’s way to grieve and to tell her it was okay to put it back.  The next day she had placed it back.

I wanted to send a bouquet of cookies to my vet and to the vet on St. Simons.  I baked four cookies that looked like paw prints, and the center cookie for the bouquet was a Yorkie.  It was really cute.  I shipped the bouquet to the vet on St. Simons but delivered the bouquet to my vet.  I tried not to cry but did so when I gave it to Dr. Nemitz.  He gave me a hug and said, “They are like family.”  Dr. Mosher was in surgery, so I did not get to see him.  I asked him a billion questions about puppies, breeders, getting puppy shots, etc.  He and his staff were very helpful.

No comments: