Thursday, December 27, 2012

Boo

 
I wanted to make sure everyone was ready to have a new puppy.  I knew Lauren was ready, and Paul was ready whenever I was ready.  I needed to talk to Ashton.  I called him into my room and told him I needed to ask him a question.  He lied down next to me on the bed.  When I asked him if he was ready to have a puppy, he said he was ready. 

I had been praying for the Lord’s timing and help in finding a healthy puppy.  I was excited to set up a meeting with a breeder an hour away.  Everyone else in my family was busy, so I had to make the hour drive by myself.  The breeder had two female puppies for me to look at.  I knew I was coming home with a puppy.

The puppies were very cute.  One was definitely cuter than the other.  They weren’t raised under someone’s feet, so they weren’t used to people very much.  They smelled because they were raised in a kennel in which they ran around in their feces.  I took them outside, and one puppy shook the whole time.  They weren’t used to the grass very much either.  The breeder said they would lighten up if I took them back in the kennel.  They were then very spunky. 

 

I had made my choice, but then felt sorry for the momma dog.  I held the puppy to her and the other puppy and told them to tell her bye.  I made a small bouquet of cookies for the breeder.  I wrote “Boo” on the Yorkie cookie.

She has been an absolute joy and has helped fill the void of Muffin not being there.  She is readily getting used to everything and getting comfortable with her environment.

My preacher gave a tract to the church family asking us to witness to someone that particular week.  I forgot to do so that week, so I sent a tract to Dr. Mosher, Dr. Nemitz and Dr. Arbo.  I hope the Lord will bless it and multiply His kingdom.

In May, I received a card from Dr. Mosher thanking me for the bouquet.  The card stated, “Thank you, Judy.  Proverbs says ‘the righteous man takes care of the needs of his animals…’ Your brother in Christ, Mark Mosher.”

No comments: