Thursday, December 20, 2012

Muffin (part VII)

 
Sensitivity is tough after a death.  The grieving person will possibly be very sensitive to how others act towards them.  If one normally jokes around or picks on the person, now is not the time.

I did not want to go four wheeling the next day like we were planning to do.  It did not “feel” right to me to jump on a four wheeler and have fun.  We ended up going two days later for the kids.  I went because I knew the kids wanted to go.  My feelings were secondary to theirs.  I rode a little bit but mainly let them ride.  They had a blast.  I took my I-Pod and praised Jesus with my music.

U  Are you “looking through the grieving person’s eyes” concerning how your words/actions are being taken?  U

U  Are you realizing the grieving person may not want to continue with plans they had made before the death occurred?  U

I looked back and thought of other things I would have done differently.  I did not even ask Paul if he wanted to hold Muffin when the kids were holding her.  It did not even cross my mind.  I talked to him about it today, and he told me he would have said something if he wanted to hold her.  He said he also wanted me to make the decision when to put her to sleep.

Dr. Mosher called today and told me he got my message.  He was calling to say he was sorry.  I told him about the blood work, and he said I made the right decision.  It was nice to hear his confirmation.  I knew I made the right decision.  He said, “If Muffin could say anything, she would say thank you; you were a great owner.” I appreciated him taking the time to call.

No comments: