Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Grandmother (part I)


 
Dad sent me an email yesterday stating Grandmother was referred to Hospice Friday.  A Hospice nurse is coming to assess her tomorrow.  Dad sent another brief email today.  The subject line said “mother.”  I paused before I opened it because I thought it was going to be bad news.  The brief email stated, “She is sinking fast!!  Horrible sight.  Dad.”  I called Dad today to see what was going on.  He said she had a bad day yesterday, and she was very restless. He has not seen her eyes opened all the way in three days.  She is not able to swallow, so they are giving her meds under her tongue.  They are making her comfortable.
Jamie went over to see Grandmother, and Grandmother opened her eyes briefly, but she did not know Jamie was there.  I told Dad I wanted to go down to see her.  He does not think she will recognize me or know I was there.  He said he thought I should just remember her the way I saw her last and not how she is now.
Grandmother is not ready to die because I still don’t think she knows Jesus!  Before I went to bed tonight, I cried.  I prayed, “Lord, I want her to meet you so bad because I don’t want her to go to hell.”  I have prayed for her salvation for so many years.  She is such a wonderful grandmother.  I prayed He would call her to Him.  I wish I could “do” something for her as far as her salvation, but I can’t.  She has to recognize her need for Him, and ask Him into her heart.  I prayed she would have a wakeful state, so she could do so.  I really did not know what to pray.  The Holy Spirit will do that for me.

No comments: