Thursday, April 25, 2013

Oh, the little details


I took Grandmother’s charm bracelet and put Mom’s charms on it that Mom had engraved with my birthday.  I will pass the bracelet down to Lauren because it represents her grandmother and her great grandmother!!  I can’t wait to wear it!
U  Have you thought about making an inventory with a description of family treasures and whose they were? (I plan on doing this with possibly adding drawings of items).   U
I wanted to make sure my cousins did not mind, so I sent a message to one telling her I was going to keep it, and I hope no one would mind.  No, I did not have to do this even though their charms were on the bracelet.  One may think I should have never said anything, but I wanted a clear conscience.  I did what I thought was right.  They did not mind.
U Have you thought about how you think you will act when it comes to your loved one’s belongings?  (Little items are not probably going to be put in a will….should they?  At least Grandmother updated her will, and the big things were taken care of!)  U
Dad gave me two neat pennants the preachers brought by as they were visiting Grandmother.  The one I like the most is made with two nails in the shape of a cross.  I have already put it next to Mom’s pin near the visor in my car.  I will give the other one to Ashton to remember his grandmother by.
U If there are items you want certain people to have, can you do so in private because other members of the family will probably want the items too?! U
When gathering for a funeral, a lot of relatives from out-of-town will gather.
 U Have you thought about communicating with others about your plans before or after the funeral, so everyone can see each other?  U
A simple gathering such as a last minute meal with a few relatives may mean a lot to someone else!

No comments: