Tuesday, April 2, 2013

“My new doctor” (part II)


The doctor and I talked on the phone January 25, 2012.  She looked at the MRI and agreed with the other doctor that my left arm pain was not caused by the other issues with my neck.  She did not receive the other test results though and will ask for them.  I told her the steroid did not work, and I told her about the other symptoms I thought she needed to know about.  I wanted her to be aggressive with the diagnosis because our lease for the shop is up in a week.  I told her I did not want to sign a long term lease without knowing my diagnosis.  I also did not want to move to a new space and have to sign a long term lease as well.  She understood, and I asked her what the next step would be.
She said for me to call and get a MRI of my brain and spinal cord.  If I had MS, the lesions would be on both my brain and the spinal cord; she could as well look at the MRI to see what else could be wrong.  I asked her to request the old MRI of my brain in 2005.
Do I really want to know the results?  While things have not been fun to go through, and I have not enjoyed the pain, maybe the worst is yet to come.  Maybe I should “enjoy” where I am now.  I asked the Lord to help me enjoy the week I had in front of me even though I am not even promised tomorrow. 
I have noticed I have been agitated a lot last week. Lauren said I should check the side effects of the drugs I am taking.  Sure enough, agitation is the first severe side effect listed.  I will have to pray and ask the Lord to help me through this side effect.

No comments: