Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Always in the middle


One of the things I stated to Aunt Jackie was I always seemed to be right in the middle of all that has been going on.  She said something to the effect as though I was like Mom.  I felt I have to be like Mom in a lot of cases.  I have had to be the bearer of bad new to so many people in my family.  I seemed to be on St. Simons Island when everything bad starts happening.

U  What is God’s purpose in always having you in the middle? (I believe He wanted me in the middle, so I could help others.) U                                

  U Is it because you are the best vessel He has?  U

I had to call my sisters also and tell them the news about Aunt Jackie.  We don’t know her fate right now.  She seems to think the radiology and chemo will get everything, and they will take it day by day.  She reminded me of Mom making light of the situation about her illness.

I went to Savannah on my way back to Athens to visit Granddad and Grandma Freddie for a little while.  I guess Aunt Jackie called them and told them, because before I left, Grandma Freddie made a comment to me about her.  I went to Nana’s house to visit with her as well.  We had my favorite meal….Shrimp Creole.  I told her about Jackie.  We talked for a while, mainly about Mom.  She and I both got teary eyed.  She told me she did not get to tell her everything she wanted to tell her.  I told her I didn’t get too either.  She said it is so hard to believe she is not with us.

No comments: