Thursday, May 10, 2012

Back at the hospital again


When I arrived back in town, I heard about a mom (of two students at my school) who stopped breathing.  She was in the hospital.  I went to my shop and put together a bouquet of cookies for her.  I had never met their mom before, but again I felt I needed to go to the hospital for the girls.

When I got there, I asked the lady at the front desk what room she was in.  She pointed to two ladies and said she was her mom; the lady next to her was her sister.  They were on the way to her room.  I introduced myself to the ladies and went to the family ICU waiting room.  When I got there, the girls said hey, and I sat down and visited with the family.  A lady from my church was there, and I did not know she was the sister-in-law of whom I went to visit.  We chatted for a long time, and I told her since Mom passed away I have felt like I should be ministering to other people.  The lady I went to visit was called, “The Miracle Lady,” by the hospital staff.  They don’t really know how long she went without breathing.  She was revived, but they did not give her much hope.  The day I visited, I did not get to see her, but she was now awake and able to talk.  What a miracle!

No comments: