Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Jesus in the rocking chair


Today is August 22nd.  I went out on my front porch to listen to the words of my new CD.  I went through a flood of emotions.  As I listened to the words, they ministered to me so deeply because the words iterated exactly what I was going through.  I got goose bumps all over my body numerous times.  I contemplated so many things as I sat there.  The wind was rustling the leaves on the trees, and I was reminded God was with me.  I looked over at the empty rocking chair and knew He was right there with me.  He was comforting me.  I reached out and grabbed His hand as we sat in the rocking chairs.  My spirit was calmed, and I enjoyed being quiet and sitting with Him.  It was peaceful, refreshing, and uplifting.  I haven’t felt much peace with everything I have been going through.  He also reminded me of the impact my Christian walk has had on people.

U  If you are saved, are you remembering that Jesus is always in the rocking chair next to you?  U

My two favorite songs are, “Voice of Truth,” and “Who Am I,” by Casting Crowns.  Paul calls my new favorite songs, “One song wonders,” because I play them over a billion times right after I get them.  They just minister to me.  The words are so powerful because my favorite songs usually relate to what I am going through. 

I encourage you to look up the lyrics.  You will be blessed! 

U  Are you letting Christian songs minister to you?  U

1 comment:

Believer's Blog said...

I think it is "unreal" how we can have moments like this, but we do. I don't think the rest of the world understands this at all. Different times I have felt Him right there next to me. In fact, once I woke up after falling asleep in a rain storm and as I got up cold to close the window, upset from all that I was facing then, I literally felt his arms let go of me like a lover who had been holding me all night as I slept. He is good. He is very good.
Laura ~