Thursday, November 22, 2012

Shrimp Creole



I was looking through Mom’s recipe box while I was at Dad’s house.  I found the Shrimp Creole recipe and had the urge to make it.  I don’t know why, maybe it was because I had not had it in a while, or maybe it was because it reminded me of her. 

I knew it would probably not taste as good as hers, and my opinion was right.  It needed something to make it taste just right.  Maybe it was just Mom’s special touch.  As I was eating my supper, I thought about her and how it wasn’t the same without her.  But it pleased me just the same that I had made the Shrimp Creole.  Next time, hopefully it will be better.

(This was written in 2005, so I wanted to add a current thought since today is Thanksgiving Day.  I hope you have a blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving!       ~ Judy)

No comments: