Thursday, November 8, 2012

Finish the race


 

It is May 2, 2007.  Last month has been crazy.  The Christian writer’s conference starts in eighteen days, and I have not heard from the Lord whether or not He wants me to go.  I asked Him to give me a sign.  I went to the first writer’s conference because I thought I was supposed to go.  I don’t want it to be “my” decision.

At times, I have begged and pleaded for Him to show me, and at other times I have been distraught.  I know the Lord does not want me that way.  Thankfully, I have people at school praying for me. 

Just the other night, I looked at my painting of “Jesus in the Cloud” and remembered the passion I had in painting it.  All of the passion throughout the whole writing of the book just reminded me it had to be from the Lord. 

If I don’t hear from Him, I think I have to step out by faith one more time and try to finish the race.  If the doors get closed fine; I can accept it.

The last few days have been peaceful.  I have tried to be still and quiet before Him to hear His reply.  I have been reading Mom’s book by Charles Stanley again, and it has helped me greatly.  Part of one of the paragraphs I keep turning back to states, “If we make no response to what God says, we will never learn to hear.  If we do not positively know that we have heard from God, then we must actively move in the direction we believe God spoke.  We learn this way because we take a step of faith.  Since God is a loving Father, if He sees us moving in the wrong direction, He will correct our course so that we walk in the truth.  We may not hear rightly every time, but that is part of the learning process too.”

U  Are you actively moving in the direction you believe God spoke?  U

U  Are you walking by faith by taking a step of faith?  U


Stanley, Charles. How to Listen to God. Nashville:  Thomas Nelson, Inc.,  Publishers, 1985.  133.

No comments: