Tuesday, December 6, 2011

2:30 p.m.



I then looked at the clock; it was 2:30 p.m.  Mom was not taking any more breaths.  I turned on the BIPAP machine, and put the mask to her face but it did not work because Mom was not breathing in the air.  She lay there with her mouth open, and she was still.  I felt for a pulse, and there was none.  I remember looking at her neck earlier as she was taking her last breaths and could not remember if I saw her pulse.  I knew she was dead.  I openly wept and lamented greatly.  I had wanted to be there when Mom passed away.  I kissed her just as I had been kissing her a lot that day.  I said something to the effect that she was with Jesus and was not suffering anymore.  I remember looking at her and smiling because I knew she was in Heaven.  I thought it was very fitting the Lord took her to Heaven when she no longer had a voice to tell us how to help her, and it was Sunday.

U   Can you praise the God who gives and takes away?  U

No comments: