Thursday, January 10, 2013

No Regrets

 
I have an employee that works for me whose father is dying of cancer.  As of September 2007, the doctors have given him six months to live.  It is now ten months later.  We had a conversation last night about whether she was going to work for me in the fall.  She was thinking about getting another job.

All of the employees that work for me are college students.  We live in Athens, Georgia, so most of the girls want to go to the University of Georgia football games.  The girls that have worked for me before know they have to miss a few games, so I will have staff to work in the shop.

This one particular girl, whose father is dying, wants to go to all of the games because her dad bought them season tickets.  This was their time to spend together.  I want her to have no regrets.  I don’t want her to look back and regret having to work when she could be spending her last moments with her dad.

She decided to move out of her parent's house, and she has to pay for her expenses.  Maybe her parents will let her put off work for a while.  I remember I wanted to see Mom whenever I could.

U  What can you do for someone, so they will have no regrets?  U

U  Will the decisions you are currently making cause you to have regrets?  U

No comments: