Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The death of my teaching career (part II)


I have had about twelve dreams concerning me teaching or coaching.  The dreams are very strange.  The dreams vary from me teaching at the old schools I used to teach or others schools wanting me to teach for them.  I guess it is my brain processing everything out.

I have my moments, and I know it will get easier.  Not teaching, in a way, is like a death to me; the death of my teaching career.  I am pretty sure I will never teach again, and I have joked around about being retired at forty-two.  The bottom line I have to keep focusing on is this is the Lord’s will for my life.  The kids and ministering to them is what I am going to miss the most.  I can’t see into the future, but know God is good, and He loves me very much.

My only human rationale I can think of for me not teaching is so my book can be published.  I have time in the mornings to work on my book, and I have been trying to find the right agent the Lord wants to take on this book.  The people this book will touch will be my new ministry because their lives will be changed for the better.  A lot of people will be brought into eternity because of it.

Right now, I have sent my manuscript to a man I don’t even know whose mother is dying.  I know the book will help him tremendously.  I have been praying for him and his family as he reads the manuscript.

U  What may the Lord be asking you to give up that means everything to you?  U

U  Can you lay down what you love at His feet, and trust that He is in control?  U

No comments: