Thursday, September 12, 2013

A special devotion


Yesterday, I went to her house to drop off my devotion book and a sympathy card.  There was a devotion that I wanted her to read that I thought would minister to her.  When I got inside her house, her daughter called her because she needed to be picked up from the orthodontist.  I asked her if she wanted me to stay or come with her.  I rode with her, and we talked on the way.  She was telling me about all the people who came up to her at the funeral home and told her so many neat things she did not know about her son.  Several people told her that her son was the only person that would speak to their child.  She also was told of a child he tutored while he was out riding his bike.  He was such a servant and did not want to be in the spotlight.  To give testimony of the number of people at the visitation, the visitation was from 5:00-8:00 p.m., and when I asked her what time she left, it was a few minutes before midnight.

No comments: