Thursday, September 26, 2013

Two Miracles (part II)


 
I was very touched by the story and knew this was one of God’s many miracles that He still performs today.  I wanted to photograph the iris and put the story on my blog.  When I first photographed the flower, it had not opened yet.  I came back another time and again it had not opened. 
Today, September 20th, 2013, I noticed the iris had opened.  I was so excited!  Dew decorated its petals, and it was early in the morning, so the light was beautiful.  I kept saying “It’s coming….it’s coming.”  I knew the perfect light was coming, and I needed to be ready.

I had my camera and long lens mounted on a tripod and set my camera to have a two second delay after I clicked the shutter, so I wouldn’t cause any vibrations.  After the camera captured the photograph, I would look on the back of the camera to see the photo I captured.  I did this several times and used several different angles. 

I realized the second miracle as I looked at the back of my camera.  It had happened without any sound or warning. The miracle was the biggest blessing to me, and I started to cry!  As I looked at the camera, I was in disbelief.  Did I see what I thought I saw?  Yes, I did…..it was a hummingbird feeding from the flower!  Calculate that miracle with numbers:  me setting up my camera on a tripod with a two second delay, me never seeing or hearing the hummingbird, and in those two seconds after I pressed the shutter release, a hummingbird slipped into the photo while I was photographing the first miracle!

I just sat there and cried.  I did not feel worthy of capturing that photograph and said so out loud.  The Lord knows hummingbirds are my favorite bird to photograph.  I believe I can recall thinking how it would be neat if a hummingbird came by and it did.

This is pretty much the original framed shot.  I cropped in a little bit, but this is all of the hummer the photo captured.

No comments: