Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Two Miracles (part I)



Just this week I learned about a neat story.  A curator, Shelly, at the State Botanical Garden of Georgia, knew about my blog and thought I would like to hear a story.  He wanted to show me something in the Iris garden, so I followed.  He walked me to an iris that was blooming and about to open.
He told me about the flower and the amazing story behind it.  What could be so neat about an iris in the garden?  This story is of one miracle that turned into two.  The story of the flower is special because of a young man named Jason who worked in the garden in the past, and the Japanese iris was his favorite.

Jason was killed in a car wreck on September 18, 2012.  Shelly took Jason’s mom some iris plants and planted them at her house the month after he died.  Shelly told me Jason was the greatest person you would ever meet.


The first miracle of the story is the flower bloomed a year and one day after he passed away, but there is more.  There are no other iris flowers blooming anywhere else in the garden.  That one flower stood amongst hundreds of other iris plants with no blooms at all.  To add to the miracle, Shelly said that particular plant had been in the ground at least four or five years and has never bloomed in September.

No comments: